It’s been a while since Conor McGregor hit the news for something controversial. But now, following the release of CCTV footage, “The Notorious” is back in the headlines for the wrong reasons once again.
A video released by TMZ shows an incident that reportedly occurred in April in Dublin, where a man who appears to be McGregor walked into a pub and started pouring rounds of whiskey – what appears to be his own Proper Twelve brand – for locals at the bar.
McGregor happily passed out cups to the people sitting at the bar at The Marble Arch pub and poured shots for those in attendance.
However, one man at the bar apparently declined McGregor’s offer of a free shot, and later found himself on the end of a short left hand from the former two-division UFC champion. As soon as McGregor landed the sucker punch, two people dragged him out of the bar. The recipient of the UFC star’s left hand remained steadfast on his stool at the bar.
TMZ’s report says the incident was reported and subsequently investigated by Dublin police, though there has been no news of any charges being pressed since then.
McGregor will have his eyes on Saturday’s welterweight fight between Anthony Pettis and former foe Nate Diaz at UFC 241, as well as the main event of UFC 242, where two more past opponents, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Poirier, face off for the UFC lightweight title in Abu Dhabi.
Dana White recently said the outcome of those two fights may go some way to determining what happens next with McGregor.
Speaking at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas after Dana White’s Contender Series 24 on Tuesday, White said: “See how Saturday goes, see how September goes, and then see what happens with Conor.”